Adding a Video Unit
With the Video unit on Socratease, you can create video courses like on Udemy/Coursera. These units have auto-play, auto-resume, quizzes and more!
- Inside a Course or a Module click on "Add Unit" and select Video.
- Add the video title and upload the video you want. You may add a description to the video.
- Enable the advanced setting toggle if you want to create an interactive video or add questions at the end.
- Click on "Create Unit" to create the Video Unit.
- You can click the Share icon to get the shareable link for the Video Unit.
If Make Interactive is enabled ie users see questions while the video is playing that they must answer:
- Start playing the video and pause it where you want the question to be shown.
- Click the timer icon next to the "Time" input box to select the current time of the video.
- Choose the Question Type and fill in other details.
- Let's say the user gets the wrong answer. If you then want to "replay" the video from an earlier time, choose "If Wrong answer.." option.
- Play the video, and choose the time where you want the video to replay from.
- Similarly, if you want to "fast-forward" the video to a different time if the user gets the answer right, click on "If Correct Answer,.."
- You may add more questions to the video by clicking on "Add Question".
If Questions at end is enabled ie when the video ends user sees questions below the video that they have to attempt:
- Select the question type that you want. Type the questions, add options and add points.
- You can add more questions by clicking on "+" or "Add Questions".
- Click on Save to save the content.
- You can click the Preview icon on the form to see how the Video Unit looks.
- You can click the Share icon to get the shareable link for the Unit.