Grading a Quiz
In a Quiz, the following question types are automatically graded: MCQ, MCA, Cloze, Match, Categorize, Transcription and Autograded text. For grading other question types:
- Go to Individual Analytics in the Analytics section.
- Find individual submissions of the test takers from the dropdown menu for Search Users.
- If a test taker has attempted a question that cannot be graded automatically, you will see the number of such questions under the Ungraded column. Questions which do not have points assigned to them will not be counted as ungraded questions.
- You can set the Filter to Not Graded Yet to view all the ungraded questions for a particular user.
- The ungraded questions will be highlighted in yellow and marked as Not Graded Yet.
- Click on the pencil icon to grade the question.
After you finish grading all the questions for a submission, click the Finalize Score button. You can change scores later even after you finalize them.
In Quiz settings, you will see the following options for 'When do test takers see the results?'
- Immediately, on Submission
- When Individual Score is Released
- When all Scores are Released
- They never see the results
- Selecting Immediately, on Submission
For all quizzes with automatically graded questions only, the test takers will see the percentage scored as soon as they submit the test. If the test has questions that cannot be automatically graded, the test takers will see not graded yet on the result page immediately after submitting the quiz. Once you finalize score for individual submission, grades will be automatically released.
- Selecting When Individual Score is released
Once you have graded all questions, use the Release Score to publish results for each submission.
- Selecting When all Scores are released
Once you finish grading all the questions and finalize scores, click Release All Scores button to publish the results for all test takers.
- Selecting They never see the results
You can grade the quiz by finalizing scores but the results will not be visible to the test takers.
On releasing scores, the test takers will be able to see their scores on the results page. The test takers can access the results page for all their tests from the link shared in the email after attempting their first Socratease test.